Submission GuidelinesSubmissions for the 2008-2009 volume of The Oakland Review are now open! Submissions are due February 21, 2009 at 11:59pm.
How to submitEmail your work as Word or RTF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use your name and the genre(s) of the pieces in the subject line. (e.g. Poetry Submission: J. Smith)
- In the body of the email, include:
- Your name as you would like it to appear in print
- Your phone number and preferred email address
- The titles and genres of the work that is attached
What you can submitAny combination of the following:
- Submit 5 pieces or fewer
- Do not double-space your poems
- Submit 4 pieces or fewer
- Each piece may be no longer than 20 pages of 12-point, double-spaced type
- This genre includes fiction, creative non-fiction, screenwriting, and plays
- Submit 3 pieces or fewer
- We prefer large JPEGs for evaluation; if we choose your work, we will request a high-resolution lossless image.
- Artwork is evaluated for use as the issue's cover, and should be of appropriate size
PrizesMonetary prizes will be awarded to the best work in each genre.
- Authors must be undergraduate students at Carnegie Mellon (or have been during the current academic year).
- All work must be previously unpublished.
- No simultaneous submissions.
The Oakland Review's readers review all work anonymously.